Grand Opera House

Oshkosh, Wisconsin

In the restoration of this 850-seat opera house built in 1883, Mr. Pfaller acted as Partner-in-Charge and head design architect for the architectural and engineering team which included two architectural firms and a full complement of consultants. The team was responsible for programming, masterplanning, schematic design, design development and coordination of consultant design input. This $2.5 million project included the design and restoration of the facades of the theater and an adjacent building used for lobby space, retiering and reseating of the balcony levels and total reconstruction of the main floor, its seating and box areas. The Grand, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was reopened in 1984 and continues to be a very active community arts complex.